When good people get in trouble.

816.524.8718Make a Payment

Your Legal Resource

Miller & Terry Attorneys at Law take the time to understand your case before determining the best course of action. Keeping current on new laws & regulations ensures your attorney has most prevalent knowledge of the law combined with years of experience to win your case.

June 27, 2016

Advice for What to Do in Case of an Out-of-State Car Accident

Category: Uncategorized

Posted by

As summer draws near, more people are planning road trips. These excursions are fun, but what happens if you get into a car accident? Use these tips as your guide if you’re involved in an out-of-state car accident.

Treat an Out-of-State Car Accident Like Any Other

Immediately after the accident, contact 911, asking for emergency medical assistance, if necessary. Take photographs of the damage to the cars and the accident scene in general. Record the names of witnesses who saw the car accident, and don’t forget to exchange the typical insurance information with other involved drivers. After you’ve finished with emergency personnel at the car accident scene, get in touch with your insurer.

Insurance Coverage

The good news is that most insurance policies cover drivers in every state. Of course, there may be exceptions to this standard. If you are at all unsure about where your insurance protects you, contact your insurance agent before leaving town. This simple step can give you a lot of peace of mind while you’re on the road.

Repair Work

If your car is severely damaged in a car accident and needs to be repaired out-of-town, your insurance can still help you. Your policy may cover towing, and your insurance can put you in touch with local adjusters and mechanics. They’ll do everything they can to get you back on the road as quickly as possible after a car accident.

Contact a Personal Injury Attorney

If you suffer considerable physical injuries or property damage in a car accident, then it may make sense to work with a personal injury lawyer. Depending upon the laws in the state where the accident occurs, you may have to file a lawsuit in that location. However, only an experienced personal injury attorney can give you the guidance you need.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact Daniel C. Miller today in the Kansas City area for legal advice.